I am happy to inform you that we now have officially released version 2.1 of OneStepCheckout. The new version fixes some critical issues that has been reported by our customers. These customers have received the new version already and all have provided feedback that the issues has now been resolved and that everything is working properly.
- Improved error handling, it will never show a blank screen with error message anymore
- Fixed issues regarding discounts that disappeared
- Fixed issue with creditcard payment methods in combination with Paypal (redirected to Paypal even though customer chose different method)
- Added a new default skin in addition to a skin with Magento look and feel – Can be chosen in administration panel
- Improved look of popup boxes (login and terms and conditions) with rounded corners and background
- Fixed newsletter subscription, will now not subscribe and send email about subscription if customer already subscribed
- Fixed bug regarding customer comments that weren’t displayed on the order
- Fixed problem with not updating shipping rates based on zipcode after logging in
New look and feel
We are also very excited to inform you that the latest version of OneStepCheckout introduces an improved design that looks a lot better. We have also implemented a new skin in addition to our default skin, which you now can choose in the administration backend. Here are screenshots of the new skins:
How to upgrade
To help our customers upgrade their OneStepCheckout installations, we have created an upgrade guide (always available from our support page). To get the latest version, please send us an email or use our contact form and we will send you the latest version immediately.
We are working on a better release process so all customers will be notified of new versions and be able to download them immediately, without contacting us.
The development of OneStepCheckout version 2.2 has already started and we are planning some nifty new features that have been requested by our customers:
- Possibility to enter a discount code directly from the checkout page
- Possibility to change the order the fields are displayed in the backend, to easier adapt to different countries standards for entering addresses
- Better support for third party extensions
- And much more…
If you have any feature requests you are more than welcome to contact us and let us know. Also, if you come across any bugs or errors, please inform us so we can address the issues and improve our product. You can also use the comment field below to let us know what you think of the latest version!