Version 1.2.040 brings updates for payment methods such as Paypal Express, Amazon Payments and Gene Commerce Braintree (now Paypal Braintree in Magento 2 core)
There were multiple issues reported with mentioned payment methods and all customers waiting for reply from our support team with issues regarding those payment methods should upgrade and verify if their reported issues are sorted and if not report the issues again (in same ticket if possible).
Issues with Paypal Express
- We added a new option in admin to exclude the paypal_express from being initiated on each ajax call. This needs to be configured from Stores > Configuration > Sales > OneStepCheckout
- “In context experience” from Paypal Express needs to be disabled because the buttons rendered from Paypal can’t be moved below totals area yet
Issues with Amazon Payments
- Amazon Payments swaps out address list in checkout and does not check for logged in status of the customer. This results in displaying address lists with partial addresses even for guest customers. We got lots of reports, this is solved from our side.
- Amazon Payments payment method list displayed other payment methods
Issues with Braintree
- Magento 2.4 moved the namespace for this module and needed some adjustments
Issue with 1.2.038 and 1.2.039 where performance optimisations created a condition where address data was not available for all payment methods before redirecting to payment gateways is also addressed
You can find v.1.2.040 and previous versions changelogs here.
How to get access to the latest version of OneStepCheckout for Magento 2?
Customers with a valid Support and Update Plan will have access from the download area of their OneStepCheckout account, or the preferred way, using Composer.