OneStepCheckout is a checkout extension for the Magento ecommerce platform that has taken the community with storm. We launched the first version about a year ago, and currently have over 2000 installations of OneStepCheckout in all possible Magento versions, everything from old Magento Community versions to brand fresh Magento Professional and Magento Enterprise 1.9 installs. OneStepCheckout has become the checkout module in the Magento ecosystem.
Make it simple
OneStepCheckout simplifies the checkout process of your Magento store. Checking out is often the most complicated part of placing an order online, and many users end up abandoning their order. Some customers will be motivated enough to purchase regardless of how difficult it is – but others will be lost due to checkout complexity. OneStepCheckout greatly simplifies this process, leading to an increase in sales.
Key features in OneStepCheckout
OneStepCheckout is all about reducing customer abandonment and increasing conversions. Our module comes packed with a ton of features. You reduce checkout steps from six to one, simplify the process completely, avoid confusing customer with questions about registration. Simply provide a better checkout experience.
Here are the key features in OneStepCheckout
- Disable unwanted fields like zip, city, state, country, zipcode and more
- Rearrange the order of the fields to match your country/region
- Super easy installation process – just upload files and you are done
- Set a default shipping and payment method
- Enable checkbox for subscribing newsletter and approving terms
- Change title and description from backend interface
- Auto-update prices, totals, taxes and more when customer changes country / shipping / payment
- Possibility to hide shipping and payment method options
- Supports many different registration setups – read more
- Fully compatible with Magento Professional and Magento Enterprise features
- Auto-detect users country with GeoIP technology
- Allow customer to enter gift message for the order
- Allow customer to enter coupon codes directly in the checkout
- Allow customer to enter a comment for the order
- “How did you hear about us” feature to allow customer to choose referrer
- Allow customer to add further products to cart while in checkout – eg: Rush fee, Gift wrap
Since the release a year ago, we have released a new version about each quarter. All our new releases has been greatly received in the market, as we get a lot of feedback from our customers for each release.
Our Magento module is very easy to install, and follows the module development guidelines set out by Magento. The software is delivered as a ZIP file (you can download it from our download area) and it can be uploaded directly to your Magento installation. Also, the source code is not encrypted in any way, so you are free to make changes as you desire.
General product information
OneStepCheckout is developed like any regular Magento extension and follows the Magento module guidelines. It does not override any core classes or templates, which makes it unlikely to come into conflict with other modules. Installation is as easy as uploading the contents of the ZIP file to your Magento installation, and the rest will be done from the administration interface. Also, the module will not overwrite any files, just add new ones.
OneStepCheckout is thoroughly tested on all Magento versions, including Magento Community 1.3 – 1.4, Magento Professional, Magento Enterprise 1.7-1.9. Our module is also tested in all modern browsers. The source code is not encrypted in any way, so it is fully possible to make customizations as you desire.